View Single Post
Unread 03/07/2006, 01:29 AM   #46
lcheesman
Registered Member

You acclimated when you switched out right?
yes I did but remember I am the same issues with newly aquired frags and corals.

This is what I belive could be wrong from the information I have gathered from these posts.

1.I could have a toxin thats coming through the ro/di water perhaps a heavy metal in abnormal quantities...copper, lead or the like

Action: Renew di cartridge, run some tests..copper etc.

2.There may be a long term lack of something, most likely nutrients perhaps phosphate, nitrate, iron etc. Perhaps too little feeding.

Action: Caution required here, I will increase each component one at a time and monitor results if no 1 didn't sort the problem that is.

3.My 300watts of 03 actinic could be giving out harmful uv.
Action:switch off for a few weeks

so far I have ruled out.
Salinity
Temperature
Main Lights
Predation

It seems there is no deffinitive answer at the moment as to what is happening. I would like to say I am reasonably careful where my reef is consered and the problem I am having seems beyond my scope of knowledge.

I am going to tackle each possible cause of the problem one at a time slowly with an aim to find the problem over the coming months.

I would like to thank all that have contributed thus far, I am so glad there are folk about like yourselves that genuinely like to help. I will be posting my findings here every few days.

lcheesman is offline   Reply With Quote