Thread: QT Regimen
View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Dustin1300
Reefaholic

Thanks for all the input and it's greatly appreciated. I've just not came across a lot of sites with a good amount of information/content on the subject and it's more of a challenge to figure out what I want to do. Melev's reef had a few good reads and I've found a few other places but seems like it's everyone's deep dark secret. If one fragger dips and kills the pest, they may in turn save 1000 reefers from an infestation so I'm not only doing it for my tank, but others!

Here's regimen I've came up with. I put order in with Premium Aquatics for the stuff and will likely run over there on lunch hour today/tomorrow to get the goods.

Before adding to Coral Frag QT:

- Dip in Bayer mixture, rinse with SW, place in QT
- After everything has opened up and seems to be healthy I'll treat Frag QT as a whole with Flatworm Exit
- Week 2 - Revive Dip
- Week 3 - Iodine Dip
- Week 4 - Another Revive Dip
- Week 5 - Before transferring to frag tank I'll do a last dip of Bayer and SW rinse before adding to frag tank

***I'll also be using a TLF Reactor filled with Carbon to take any nasty stuff from the coral out of the water column. During flatworm Exit treatment I'll be sure to aerate water well and then start carbon filtering.

Suggestions based on that? I know I'm OCD/Anal Retentive

Check out my tank in the Large Tank Forums, "A Reefaholic's 1000+ Gallon Mixed Reef System Build"!

Current Tank Info: 600 Gallon DT, 140 Gallon Grow Out Tank, 125 Gallon Sump, 90 Gallon Fuge, 200 Gallon Fish QT, 15 Gallon Frag QT
Dustin1300 is offline   Reply With Quote