Thread: My first clam
View Single Post
Unread 05/03/2012, 08:56 AM   #55
iwishtofish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepopo View Post
Hmm I don't like the look of that mantel . Does it look like that all the time? Also by now that clam should have attached itself to the glass. And if she is expelling zoo then there is a real concern there. Should have more than enough light. Have u checked her for snails?
No sign of snails, fortunately. I've noticed the clam can retract any little part of its mantle that it chooses...I'm thinking now that the mantle may have been retracted there due to the tang swimming right by it constantly. That part of the clam ended up in the tang's lane of travel near the glass.

I'll watch again today. The clam is on its side at a 45 degree angle again, due to a hop. Constantly happening. Driving me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moliken View Post
;personally, i wouldn't worry about attaching. it may never do that, or as is the case w/many maxis, there might be a small r ck already attached and that's enough for the clam to not need anything more. i have 3 that are in that situation. tridacs frequently expel zooanthellae [sp] for no reason that should be a cause fior alarm.
I sure hope it changes its mind and does attach. I always hear a clam knows best, but it seems it is always either ending up partially on its side, or at the edge of a rock ledge where the light is lower, and a hermit could fall on it. I really want to put it back up in that rock crevice, but it would likely just shove my whole rock pile over again!

iwishtofish is offline   Reply With Quote