View Single Post
Unread 09/22/2015, 08:10 PM   #327
Elliott
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal View Post
I'd like to give this a go. I have a floor drain available, just need to connect up some tubing to drain the skimmer to it.

Am I correct that if I do this, then set the skimmer to run wet, and put 1.026 saltwater in the ATO, I'm going the right direction? I would also need to set up RODI for evaporation makeup, or set the ATO water to a lower salinity to compensate. Of course I will monitor salinity daily via refractometer and compensate for any swings.
yes, as your skimmer removes skimmate, which has similar salinity to tank water, your ATO should replace that seawater loss with the same salinity seawater

your evaporative loss needs to be replaced with fresh water RO/DI, which can be estimated and periodically adjusted based on actual salinity measurements

TOTM, March 2015

Current Tank Info: tank video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1dI7mdnGU ,900g in wall mixed reef, another 500g sumps, 19 AI Sol LED's, 2 CL's w/VFD's controlled pumps to 24 eductors, 2 Tunze WB's, 2 Barr 5220's and RK2 25PE and BK500, etc
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote