View Single Post
Unread 08/28/2014, 11:09 PM   #83
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Update on progress

Well this is taking awhile…

So, the fake mangrove root is done. It looks pretty good! But it''s kinda big and I'm getting a "War of the Words" vibe from it. Most important of course is it's function in the tank-so we'll see.

The fake mudbank came out rather ugly. Too wrinkley and shiney. But I have a plan to sand it down with a finishing sander. So I should have the control I need to get the look I want. So that's the plan.

For my next project on this wild ride, I'm considering building a berm with concrete and coral rocks. I need a deep sand bead for the seagrasses, but I want it shallow around the fake root. A berm would help. Yay, another project!

I really look forward to posting about my plants and my fish! Just getting the tank ready has been a struggle and there's still so much to do. But I am trying to enjoy all phases of this new microcosm I am about to bring about. It's going to be sweet!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote