View Single Post
Unread 09/05/2014, 10:01 PM   #100
JLynn
Registered Member

Those drawings make perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I remembered that some of those comments were from the "OMG! Look at these hybrid and rare fishes!" thread on the Singapore Reef Club forum. I think they were around the 60-70 page mark, but I could be wrong (it is a 400 page thread, so...). I have only gotten through the first 130 pages thus far, so I can assure you that it is before then.

And it seems I am wrong about that being for dwarf angelfish, as I just came across a thread entitled "dwarf/pygmy angelfish harem formation" here on RC. Perhaps the information from the other thread was outdated. Either way, dwarf angelfish have been kept successfully in harems/sororities (I got the "sorority" thing from the betta fish world, by the way- it seemed appropriate).

I think that as long as the angelfish are young and introduced at the same time, it should be fine. Dwarf angelfish, I gather, aren't the schooling type; each female will stake out her own territory, and the male(s) will visit all of them individually. Your tank should have enough room for this process to go down pretty smoothly, so I wouldn't worry too much.

You certainly seem to have covered all your bases! It is really nice to read build threads where the author did their research. Personally, I think it makes everything at least twice as interesting.

JLynn is offline   Reply With Quote