View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2017, 10:17 AM   #174
jroovers
Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for your interest, the tank is indeed still up and running, but has been through a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs) due to my inability to devote much time to it. To say things have been a bit crazy is an understatement.

One key change is that I recently swapped out the lighting, as the 250 MH unit with LEDs was not pumping out enough light. It took me a ton of time to do the lighting pendant, so this was a difficult choice, and should have done it long ago. I now have the 4 x 24 ATI sunpower over the tank, which seems to have made a positive difference in the short time I've had it. I only have about 12 or so SPS frags in there, that have been struggling, but have managed to hang on.

At present I'm having issues with my first gen, "old" XF-130 gyre, so looking to get that rectified, and get things back on track. Given we're heading into winter in SW Ontario now(snow forecasted overnight and into tomorrow already), I will have more time to spend on this tank. I'll def post some updated pics soon, but not a whole ton to see! That said, I am happy to say the tank is still up and running, as I've been on the verge of shutting it down a number of times.