View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2018, 08:05 PM   #3
Skep18
Registered Member

The tank I've ordered is 72"L x 24"W x 30"H. It's the Lifetime Aquarium deal with the anodized aluminum bracing. Front and sides are the "ultra clear" glass. Made the front and bottom glass a size up in thickness for my peace of mind. Its being drilled for two Synergy 16" Shadow overflows.

Each overflow advertises a 1500gph capacity for a total overflow of 3000gph. This should be able to keep up with the (what seems to be) common adage of 5-10x tank volume through the sump per hour. My thinking was also to get higher overflow capacity than I would need in hopes that it will keep up if it gets a little dirty as well as using less than max capacity should keep it more quiet. We shall see though. Ultimately I didn't want to come up short in overflow capacity. Being relatively handy with a personal workshop, I wouldn't mind drilling anything myself nor am I intimidated by it but I will admit, at the cost of this tank, I sure didn't want to be cheap and risk anything. That as well as they don't honor their lifetime warranty if you drill the tank yourself.

On that note, I did buy the steel powder coated stand to go with it. I expect to finish the outside to match my home cabinetry, but that will wait until I make sure the system works as to not have me revise it later and thus cut again into the cabinetry.

Skep18 is offline   Reply With Quote