View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2016, 09:30 AM   #3216
tastyfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machodik View Post
Report back here !

After 5 days total black out, fish , LP were ok , but one acros Stned from base. Other remains ok.

Have observed that rocks and tank base glass were clear of those brown algae yet still seeing strands of brown algae like stuff stick to some corals , don't know what it was but after five days do total black surely it should not be Dino.

Now still battling for high nutrients and to my surprised my zeobak dosing are not able to lowered down my nutrient of which I doubt if it was bad batch or counterfeit item .

Now leaving me no clue what should I do next !

MD
I don't think 5 days is long enough for the black out method. I chickened out at 8 or 9 days, others who have stopped short have reported the dinos have come back a few weeks or a few months later. My tank was spotless, not a single sign of any sort of algae.

I would keep getting bio-diversity in to the tank, on a daily basis, keep the pH high (8.5) and strictly use blue spectrum lights only for the next 2 weeks.
Make sure you are siphoning out the dead dinos and any areas of the sand they remain on, replacing with synthetic salt water (TMCPR or similar (no DOC's).

tastyfish is offline   Reply With Quote