View Single Post
Unread 09/09/2018, 01:55 PM   #518
MrsReefK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
How did you deal with the introduction of tangs? I am starting a large tank soon, and am concerned that I will just get ich and lose them. Did you quarantine? Or just add healthy looking specimens and keep everyone well fed?

Good question! It was a journey with the tangs being the powder brown was already established in the tank.

I run a very strict QT, nothing hits our system without a tank transfer method (TTM) and 76 days of holding in QT. They also get a freshwater dip as well.

With introducing, it was a rough few months. I printed out full 8x11 pictures of a sail fin tang (with his fin up) and taped about 10 of them to the outside of the tank. That is what worked best for us. I tried the mirror method originally and that didn’t make as much of an impact. Left the pictures up for about a month, and then took them down one at a time over a couple weeks. It took about 8 months before everyone was truly swimming freely and not showing aggression. One piece - ours are all almost identical size, that was key when I was picking them out. So I had to go to Lfs versus online like I usually buy.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote