View Single Post
Unread 10/18/2015, 07:23 PM   #116
markalot

Did a 10% water change today, I'm pretty bad at doing regular water changes. I mixed up 25 gallons of Red Sea Blue Bucket so I figured I might as well use it.

When turning the sump back on I discovered the flow back into the tank was horrible slow, 3 of the 4 return nozzles were clogged with bacterial gunk. I used my new favorite reef tool, a paint can opener, to clean them out and now all running at 100%.

I have to wonder if this might have been a reason I was having trouble with my BP reactor. I'm going to have to watch NO3 to make sure it doesn't drop too fast now. I dosed 1/4 tsp CaNO3 after the change to bring NO3 up to 5. KH 7.8, didn't measure anything else.

A couple more pics from yesterday.

Horrida is still recovering from a rather intensive dip and inspection.

Tiny pink milli frag starting to grow but needs more pink.

Unknown milli showing a nice rosey base, orangeish under blue lights. This is one of those frags where I hope I can just keep everything healthy for a few months so I can see what it's going to look like. Next time I'll baste it so at least we an see the skin.