View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2016, 12:14 PM   #1593
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Kinda quiet around here these days. I guess it's that time of year, when everyone wants to go outside and play. Me too! I'm a big mountain biker. With the recent spring snow here in Colorado, I had to travel down to Lake Pueblo to find dry trails. I got a big, four hour ride on Sunday.

As for my tank, all is well. I'm still looking for the right combination of dosing media. I got a new bottle of iron to try out. I'm hoping to get the grasilaria hayi back to its robust size. I'm also trying to make sure Zippy has a varied diet. I got some New Life Spectrum Algaemax Herbivore pellets. This looks to be one of the best herbivore foods on the market, with a huge variety of plant material in its ingredients. He seems to like it.

What's next? I don't know if I'll ever get to replace my turtle grass with new manatee grass, but I hope to. Now that the weather is improving and collection is resuming, I also hope to get a sponge or two. I'm seeing new sponges in the tank already, so I think conditions are good for them. I'm still considering schooling fish. I may just try a school of silversides. They're cheap, so if they all get eaten, it's not too big of a loss.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote