View Single Post
Unread 12/29/2014, 09:59 AM   #550
Royce7586
Registered Member

Last time I had dinos it had been going on for about 2 months and had almost killed alot of my lps. I was moving to a new place so when doing the move I threw away all my old sand and cleaned out the tank really well, well my rocks and life stock were in buckets.

I left it bare bottom and set the tank back up. The dinos on the rocks died off and my tank was good again! I had to have a 10g set up for my pistol and goby. 4 or 5 months after not having the dinos I bought a 55g and transfered everything into it and put sand back in.

I do think there is a for sure connection between when the tank is going from being a new tank and having all the nasty green algae and such to the point when that dies off that is when the dinos will come in

Last time i tried everything in this thread other then the ultra algae x before trashing my sand bed. So I'm going to try this bottle of snake oil that I had to order from canada cause apparently no US companies stock it. If it doesn't work I guess I will try removing my sand bed again which sucks cause I have a pistol shrimp. When I get the fauna marin I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

Last edited by Royce7586; 12/29/2014 at 10:04 AM.
Royce7586 is offline   Reply With Quote