View Single Post
Unread 09/05/2017, 10:18 AM   #135
pisanoal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
I'm sorry Bayer didn't work for you.

I was able to use Bayer successfully. Here's how I did it.

I sterilized everything including rock with bleach and let it dry, vinegar washed and dried out the rock again, fragged the corals making sure to cut out any snails that had been surrounded or grown over by coral (I only kept live coral, no skeleton), thoroughly Bayer dipped all coral and placed them in a holding tank with completely new water, being sure not to cross contaminate.

I started my tank up all over again and I am now vermited free.

Bayer most likely does not work on adult vermetids in their tubes. However, I do believe it works on the earlier stages of life. The stage that cannot be seen with the naked eye. I believe it is possible to transfer baby microscopic vermetids on anything wet. So it is very important to avoid cross contamination.

It was a ton of work starting over, but honestly if I had started over long ago, I would've saved myself even more work. I manually removed thousands over several years trying to eradicate them.

I wish you guys luck.
That is exactly what I did. The vermetids grew back on frags that were vermetid free. It does not work on any life stage. You got lucky and did not transfer any. I scrutinized those pieces several times and did not find any adults before dipping and transferring.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk