View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2012, 03:04 PM   #30
JSeymour
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demariners View Post
Try to mount what outside the sump? I bought the acrllyc and I am going to make the baffles. I have plenty of room to make the baffles. I bought a new skimmer also. I brought it into the LFS and it looks like the impeller in the pump was bad. I have ha this skimmer forever so I just decided to get a new one.
Your Phosban Reactor and and whatever the blue lid thing is. If you can get some of the equipment out of the sump, the water will flow "slower" through your sump as well as cause less turbulence, i.e. fewer bubbles making it to the pump. Since you replaced the skimmer, remember, new skimmers create a lot of bubbles until they "break in". Out of curiousity, what skimmer did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demariners View Post
So I made a three way baffle. I am hoping this will fix it. I also got a better skimmer. Here is the pics. I hope the baffles work. I put small sponges in between the baffles to help and slow down the bubbles.
Awesome, that will help immensely. Not to be too nit-picky, but you should have spaced them one inch apart. Fewer bubbles will make it passed, but the sponges will help. Make sure you clean them regularly, atleast once per week.

Let it run for about a week to see how well it's working before trying any other tweaks.

Current Tank Info: Saltwater only? It takes two buckets of salt to do a 10% water change...
JSeymour is offline   Reply With Quote