Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2019, 12:47 PM   #1174
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Wow, thanks Kevin! I know my pics aren't the best in the world, so it's nice to hear a compliment now and then. I really wish I had a macro lens to capture some of the smaller details that don't show in my iPhone pics. There is so much growing out of the live rock I'd love to show off.

I almost missed the photo bomber. I only saw it when I almost cropped it out of the pic!

I'm really digging the mangroves too. I haven't planned too far ahead with them, since I still don't know if they will make it, being fully submerged. If they do grow above the surface, they'll have close to two feet of vertical space in the cabinet, above the water line. I imagine they'll bend and grow towards the light. If they continue to grow well, I may have to prune them a bit, to keep it manageable. Other than that, I'll probably just let Nature figure it out. Plants are amazingly adaptable. Since they will be growing out of view, I'll be less concerned with how well that part of them looks. We'll see what happens, and I'll try to accommodate them as best I can.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote