View Single Post
Unread 10/23/2016, 01:45 PM   #38
ThRoewer
Registered Member

I got a female 2 weeks ago, but that came with fin-rot and a chunk of skin fouled away on her back so that the bony plates are exposed. So no idea if she will make it.
Yesterday I found two little ones that have no spikes on their noses, but I think they may just be too small to be reliability sexed. One of those was hanging out with a larger male while the other one kept initially on its own but joined the other two. I took both of the small - let's see what becomes of them. With some luck they will turn out to be females. Otherwise I will need to find them a new home.

As for my established males - I noticed quite a difference in behavior:
The one that has basically his own tank is very reclusive and just hangs out under the rock shelf.
The one in the 100 gallon tank on the other hand is out and swimming around all day long.
Based on this I would say that they do better in a reef tank with other fish than in a species tank.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote