View Single Post
Unread 02/23/2011, 09:37 AM   #24
gweston
Registered Member

Don't mean to step in.. sharing a few thoughts:

56"x1.5"x5" should be plenty for the internal weir. For my (in progress) 125Long my internal weir is going to be 48"x2"x5". That is the actual dimensions. When the glass is all put together, the actual weir opening is about 1.75" wide as the glass is .25" thick.

1" holes out to the rear box should be plenty too.. and you have three of them. I am going to do the same. Good spacing between the holes too. Important to not put them too close to one another or you'll play 'connect the dots'. I forget what the suggested distance is. Something like 1 hole width spacing between is perfect.

Not sure how big your external box is, but the box I am putting together is something like 24"x4"x6". I am going on memory here, so it may be somewhat larger than that. My box is pretty much just big enough I think. It is to just hold the plumbing and allow for flow and maintaining siphon. It isn't a reservoir per-se.

By using a good solid silicone adhesive (such as the RTV100 series adhesives) you probably don't need additional supports for the external box. It certainly wouldn't hurt though. The important bit is to -not- add any stress to the plumbing. Support it properly. Honestly, you'd probably be fine with any proper silicone.. but for myself, I tend to try to overbuild.

The bean flows work perfectly fine with 1" plumbing. Some upsize to 1.5". The siphon gives you a lot of flow even thorough 1".

gweston is offline   Reply With Quote