Thread: Then and NOW
View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 08:01 PM   #37
pisanoal
Registered Member

Twinfallz...

Before responding with anything else, let me first apologize for the way my post came across to you, as I believe that is the mist important part of this post. I did not intend to attack your post in anyway.

As I said to the OP,
Please read this with a respectful tone, as that is how it is intended.

Next, one definition of misinformation:
"Misinformation*is false or incorrect information that is spread intentionally or unintentionally (i.e. without realizing it is untrue)."
To your point, the more popular definition seems to be "mis·in·for·ma·tion
false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive." Not that it is always spread intentionally but usually that is the case. So again, my apologies, innaccurate information would have been a better way to describe what I thought about that statement.

"live rock is practicle, because it has the ability to do all three,*unlike bioballs, or Marine Pure for example." From your post, which is, to your earlier point, incorrect information. You are stating here, unless I misunderstood, that marine pure will not reduce nitrates, which in fact it will per marine pure themselves.

"MarinePure is the perfect place for beneficial bacteria to flourish in order to remove harmful fish wastes. It will*
eliminate ammonia and*lower nitrates".

I also believe that you are misusing the quote you provided in your last post from marine pures website. Just because they say minimize not eliminate does not mean its not effective at eliminating nitrate. No it does not target nitrate elimination. It targets the ammonia cycle. It targets being a lr substitute/replacement that is more efficient then lr. They dont say remove nitrate because then they would have a bunch of people who throw a marine pure block in their sump and have it not drop there nitrates to 0 say its not working. If you over feed, have too high a bioload, dont remove detritus, don't have enough biological filtration, your nitrates will be high. So marine pure says their product will minimize them, and it will. Yes minimize is loose. It might mean 1 block will take mine to 0 and 1 block will take yours to 8. You could say the same about any nutrient reduction method. It all depends on the system and implementation method.

To counter your experience, I have used siporax which is very similar to marine pure blocks as primary nitrate removal. Ive also used the maribe pure balls to remove nitrate. Both cases, undetectable. You will find many similar experiences and yes, I'm sure you can find many with similar experiences to yours. What does that mean? More then one factor goes in to whether it is a good fit for your system.

To summarize, I meant no offense, and I'm sorry I caused any. Marine pure is a live rock replacement/upgrade in terms of bio filtration. I'm not pushing marine pure, I dont currently use it, but I have and do use very similar with success. I don't care if people use it or not. To each their own.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk