View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2018, 04:33 PM   #24
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Great thread! It was fun to see it evolve. It seems like a tricky proposition keeping it super clean, while wanting to make it more natural. I feel your pain! I look forward to more.
Like so many aspects I will be walking a fine line...which is SCARY! But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am employing a lot more cuc. I already have 4 peppermint shrimp and I plan to get 5 or so nassarius snails. I have 2 bee snails that will eat trapped mysis. Today I attempted to vacume the SSB but the cheap syphon clean I bought was worthless. Maybe I will just rigorously stir the SSB once a week. I have over 2200 gph of flow in a 56 gallon tank so its pretty robust. I have the bulk of it directed at the lower portion of the retaining wall. That way stuff is lifted up to the overflow and filtered, at least in theory.

The other long range plan is I think these will be my last seahorses. Now my 2 yearlings should still have 4 years in them or more but I will probably move to more blennies, gobies and inverts. In fact I may start adding some fish in the near future.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote