View Single Post
Unread 11/24/2014, 07:46 AM   #6
d2mini
Registered Member

OK, i guess I'll pick up some bait thingies if it's a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
^^^ I'm my reptile room and on my loft where my tank is spraying is banned. So I have bait traps around and also surround my house with Amdro granules amdro dot com. One of the large containers 3 times a year. Haven't had any issues with ants whatsoever and is a heck of a lot cheaper the Terminex. Spiders on the other hand is a manual removal with a spider web brush on a stick. But get rid of the food source and you will get rid of spiders.
Ya, this is probably true.
In my previous "fish room" which was a corner of my garage, i had a lot of webs and stuff up in the top corners of the walls. Probably lots of flying bugs (food) available. Now that I've walled it off and created a room with a door, it shouldn't be as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Bleach mixed with water in a spray bottle should kill anything that crawls as well as eggs. 1:4 ratio should do the trick but you could probably go lower on the bleach.. Find a spider and spray it to see if it dies. Spray in all corners. Ammonia and water should do the same but that is harder on the sinuses.
Cool, good tip.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote