View Single Post
Unread 05/18/2012, 08:27 AM   #1196
Alex T.
Registered Member

OK, as you can see from the picture in my previous post, the skimmer was working well. I woke up this morning to a grinding/humming sound. I disconnected the skimmer pump plug and removed the pump. I took the four screws off the housing cover and when I removed the impeller assembly I noticed that the magnet had some play and that the back end white piece between the magnet and the motor was loose. On the previous post by naterealbig I see that his magnet is tightly held to the top part that reads "Duk". My magnet moves up and down about an eighth of an inch but does not spin on the shaft.

This skimmer is less than 6 months old. Is there something I can do? I have livestock coming Monday and really don't want to be without a skimmer when introducing them. You can see the picture below that the bottom white gaslet to the magnet has broken loose. If someone has some advice I'd really appreciate it. If I need a new part I really need to get on that today as well.

Help!!!!

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote