View Single Post
Unread 03/23/2018, 07:51 AM   #20
kizanne
Registered Member

Well I lost the 3rdd batch the first night. I think I put too much food in there and suffered from ammonia.

The second batch (born 2/22 has had lots of trauma and unexpected water changes but about 1/2 are still alive and most of those look good. There a about three that I am worried about as they are more sluggish.

I'm expecting batch 4 tomorrow morning or Sunday morning. I'm really no more prepared for them even though I should be.

On the second front. I've found 2 males to go with my 2 female pipefish. The males are fresh from import so we will see if they survive the transition to tank and feeding. So far I haven't seen them eating frozen but they suck up brine really well and I've been copepod bombing my tank because I also put my female mandarin in there. She still isn't eating frozen but the quarantine tank was getting covered in algae and having ammonia trouble with the constant bombardment of 6 kinds of frozen foods.

The ruby reds are looking good. The female is gravid but I'm still not seeing ascending or eggs.

The yashas are hold up in a new hole and being very secretive so I'm hopeful they could be at it.

The Tangaroa gobies are loving the baby brine but easily eat frozen mysid. They also have a tube they have called home.

Now if my hubby could get his clowns to spawn I'd be in a lot of trouble but it would be some much fun!

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote