View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2012, 11:04 AM   #74
gmate
MASC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
gmate you seem like a nice guy, but man.. this just isn't accurate or correct.

In my experience, guys don't write out 6 paragraph justifications when they're confident they're right.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but man.. I don't know about this particular thing.
I am a good person and I by no means have intentions of harm or foul play with anything on these forums. It's all a learning experience.

I see there'll be no justification of my point. I hope nobody takes what I've said out of context or in bad faith. It's not the first time I've mixed livestock that could result in a loss with aquaria species and I guess it'd be no different than a zoo display keeping a lion with a lamb. My point about the domestication of animals is that humans keep and modify the normal behaviors and lifestyles of animals for their own means (for better or worse). How often do you see wild chickens? Horses don't naturally grow up in a barn stall. We do things that are not natural, shorten lifespans, and cause problems that don't happen in nature (wolves don't get hip dysplasia, but domesticated dogs get this problem all the time). So to change the behavior or do something as what I've done is not unprecedented in the hobby. While it may not be generally agreed, it does boil down to a matter of opinion. I grew up in a rural town, my mom kept farm animals and bred dogs. I've been exposed to the good the bad and the ugly with livestock, be it horses or fish. Doesn't justify whether I'd be right or wrong, just shows where I'm coming from I guess.

Eh, I'm done trying to prove my point though. I appreciate those of you who have listened this far.

180, 90 and 50 gallon reef ready systems. Fragging & trading since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 180g, 90g & 50g frag tank
gmate is offline   Reply With Quote