View Single Post
Unread 09/06/2014, 06:35 AM   #101
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks, JLynn. I'm glad the sketches were helpful. I went looking for articles on dwarf angel harems, and I couldn't find anything on the harem to sorority thing. I did find articles and threads that reinforced my strategy, so it's all good!

You're exactly right about them not schooling. The male just cruises around and visits his lady friends as he forages for food, and as sunset approaches he eats less and flirts more! If all goes well and I get to witness spawning behavior in my tank, well it doesn't get much better than that!

I appreciate the compliment on my covering the bases. I am fascinated with how natural processes affect our aquariums. My goal is to take advantage of them to make it easier, rather than struggling to fight against them. I just love researching this stuff! But I also learn so much from these online discussions. It really adds another very enjoyable facet to the hobby! When I started with the fake mangrove root, I knew it would be struggle at times, so I figured if I started a thread about it, I'd HAVE to finish it. Otherwise I would have gotten discouraged and bailed. It's the same with the mud bank. It's a pain in the butt! But I put it out there, so I'd be too embarrassed to give up now.

Bottom line is, I expect to have a unique, thriving aquarium when I'm done!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018

Last edited by Michael Hoaster; 09/06/2014 at 06:41 AM.
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote