View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Jamie1210
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagars View Post
Interesting you say that. That is the main reason for the question. Days after we introduced a carpet to our tank w/ a BTA, we lost our bubble coral, torch and frogspawn. Duncans were the only ones that didn't die. I thought it was odd and wondered if it did have something to do w/ it. Others have said no way that is the reason. Your post makes me question it again.

We have since added a hammer and frogspawn and they seem to be doing fine. I am watching them closely though.
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one as well! I have several varieties of hammers, and my aussie gold one started receding VERY badly and one other one's mouth started gaping. However, my frogspawn (wall type) did not appear to be affected. In the past, the torches that I had, even though previously thriving, receded and the head popped off.

Sold BTAs 1 month ago and am left w/gigantea carpet only, and the recession on the aussie gold hammer stopped. Favias are coming back. War coral growth is back. I am 100% convinced that there's chemical warfare that affects LPS, and not softies or 'nems. ( I don't keep SPS, so cannot comment on that)

I'm thinking that ppl who have not been affected either A. have large tanks, or B. keep anemones only.

How big is your tank?

Jamie1210 is offline   Reply With Quote