View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2017, 07:39 AM   #2809
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Chasmodes. Can you see a difference in light color temp? The pics don't look different to me, but I can see the difference 'in person'.

Mainly, I'm looking at getting another harem of royal grammas, but I'm also considering a few more barnacle blennies as well. I'm still looking at options for a 'blue chromis substitute' as well.

New fish will need to be acclimated with a long, slow drip, lasting 3-4 hours. I love the drip method. It's so easy. Just set the drip rate, by tightening the knot in the tubing, and let it do its thing. 1.008 sg is the target. If the new fish look good after 4 weeks, I'll slowly raise salinity to the display's level, over the course of a week, since raising salinity is more stressful to them than dropping it.

I really need for a quarantine treatment to go smoothly! So I'm going by the book…

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote