View Single Post
Unread 06/01/2012, 12:23 AM   #27
jimmyjames
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC11718 View Post
too bad u couldnt get solar light to the tank....solar tubes? maybe? a solar company...lighting their tank with solar light! how novel is that?
JEC11718.... Solar tubes would really be another project for me.. as the Display tank and fish room are on the first floor of a two story building....
It definitely would be interesting to do if I had my own fish store and sold corals that were grown from using the solar tube versus artificial light...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeConsumer View Post
I know they're not a popular option because they lack programming, dimming, and overall controllability, but have you considered the kessil A350's to light the tank? It will be able to punch through 30" of water easily.
TimeConsumer... Actually I originally was going to go with the Kessil's... but.. my LFS used it on their display tank that was similar in dimensions and the same in depth.... It was just dim... i don't know how their sps will do... they are currently supplementing the kessil's with T5's... Though the shimmer effect is very strong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1 View Post
I love my kessil. But i wish it was programmable. if the tank wasnt in my living room, and I did not want something sleek (single A350W on a 57g tank), i would have gone with the AI. so much you can do with programming it. Perfect for an office area where they are showcasing natural things (solar panels, etc). With the AI, he'll be able to give it a good weather pattern, thunder, lightning, sunrise, sunset, etc.
I believe the Radions will also simulate the thunder and lighting along with the MP's..... I actually don't know if I will need to connect the Apex Neptune to the lights and MP's.... since ecoTech looks like they have a pretty robust control interface...?
I would be using the Apex for temp, ph, alk monitoring mainly...right?...
I definitely like how it has the iphone interface and the alerts...
Thanks for all the info thusfar Dazed1.....

jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote