View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 05:15 PM   #6
Kinetic
Registered Member

My current tank is 24" x 20", and I have a magnifica + two BTAs. I also have 6 clowns, one is a bonded pair (but small/young) and a handful of random fancy white extreme/gladiators and a regular mocha. Check my build thread in this anemone forum.

I think if your pair is older and have been a pair for a long time, it's going to be tough for them to accept the others. The good thing is, if they don't outright kill the juveniles, they won't really feel they are a threat and leave them alone. The juveniles will not really fight much if they have an established female and alpha, but if the female/alphamale find a good anemone, they probably will keep everyone else out (at least in my experience).

I've isolated my bonded pair for awhile, and the juvies started fighting big time, trying to establish themselves. The closer they are in size, the less aggressive fighting they'll have, but as soon as one gets a tiny bit bigger, that one will start keeping others from eating. But if you have the bonded pair in the open, and none of the juveniles are a threat, it's fairly peaceful.

If I were you, I would try it. But be absolutely ready to remove either the juveniles, or the bonded pair. I think it's only bad when ONE juvenile is picked on a lot by everyone. If it's just one juvenile picking on all the rest, it's not bad.

That's just through my experience so far! I'm worried because one of my gladiators is getting a bit bigger, and starting to show some aggression now that the bonded pair has taken over the h. magnifica for their own.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote