View Single Post
Unread 10/17/2017, 04:47 AM   #26
cristimv
Registered Member

Hi.
I've red the whole topic, and not only this, but still no final conclusion. I have the same issue/problem like many of us on the net. I'm transitioning from a smaller tank (Innovative Marin Fusion 30gallon) to a larger (Red Sea Reefer 350). I would love to reuse the MP10WQD on the new tank (side panels are 10mm thick), and to add another MP10WQD or even a MP40WQD on the other side. Would I be able to get a gyre effect and have no dead spots in the end, with only 2 pumps, or I would really need 4? Or I should forget about it and get 1 or 2 Maxspect Gyre XF230/250? From the costs perspective, for sure 1 or even 2 Gyre's are cheaper than 2, definitely 4 MP's. On the other side, I love the possibility to program and control the pump(s) via an app, rather than to follow a series of key strokes on a controller. And to finalise, as a return pump for the new tank, I've already purchased a Vectra M1. Not to mention, that also activating the feed mode would be eaiser by having all pumps from Ecotech, instead of pressing a lot of buttons once or twice per day.
Thanks in advance for any comment

cristimv is offline   Reply With Quote