View Single Post
Unread 11/08/2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Mohammed
Registered Member

Concentration of Premix Component 123 vs DIY Component 123.

Hi.

Been reading as much as possible on the forums and I note that some members say the DIY version is almost 2 times the concentration of the premix.

I am looking to switch over to the DIY Component 123 by next week but would like to have an idea on the starting dose. I just started with some sps and dont want to overshoot my alk at this stage.

I currently use RHF Recipe 2 and dose 70ml of both to maintain a Kh of 8.5 in 520lt. It got to 8.5 as I was trying to dial in my maintenance dose but reducing dosage weekly to try to bring it to 7.0.

If i go by the product guide for the premix component 2+ the premix says 50ml raises kh by 1.3 dkh. It is silent on the volume but based on the 1+ and 3+ im assuming its also in 100lt.

My plan of action is to allow my kh to fall daily without dosing till i hit 7.0 as im currently using nsw for wc wich has an alk of 7.0 and then begin with the AF DIY Component 123.

As i will be testing daily im sure i can establish a trend on my daily drop.

The burning question for me is do I devide my requirements by 2 for starting dose as we have established the 50ml to raise 1.3 dkh in
100lt is for the Premix and the DIY is almost double concentration.

I will match the dose of 1+ and 3+ to my 2+ dose.

The other product im interested in is the ABVE. My nitrate is currently 0 as im dosing a DIY nopox but cutting back the dose so i cn maintain 2 to 5ppm. Current dosage is 6ml and have reduced to 4ml as off today. My P04 is sitting at 0.08 currently and is usually between 0.03 to 0.1. I change out 300gr bi weekly at tue moment. I just added a new piece of dead rock which was acid and bleach cured so could be leaching some phosphate at present.

Should I begin with the ABVE ot wait till i have my PO4 under 0.05.

Thanks

Mohammed is offline   Reply With Quote