View Single Post
Unread 09/18/2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Ramracer32
Registered Member

The 20 gallon nano SPS Tank journal

Hello, After 15 years away from salt water and keeping big freshwater tanks im back to salt After years of looking at this forum I have come to conclusion that keeping things as simple as possible is going to be a great fit for me. The current tank is a 20 gallon shallow Innovative marine fresh water aquarium that i drilled. My sump is a converted 10 gallon tank with sump kit purchased online. Skimmer is an octopus classic 110. the return pump is an Octopus Varios 2 DC pump (pretty amazing how Quiet it runs). For the power head im using a jebao tw-10, and lighting is a radion xr15w pro 4th gen. There is about 8lbs of rock and used coarse live sand. I will eventually get a 3 head dosing system and will be using the brs 2 part system.

So far the tank has been cycling for 3 weeks on a fish less method dosing ammonia. I finally got the bacteria to bring my ammonia from 3+ to under.25 and my nitrates just jumped so everything doing what i want. Hopefully only a few weeks left or less for fish.

My plan is to do a dominated sps tank with 2 clown fish and a few crabs/snails.

I have a few friends with very successful aquariums and they attribute their success to forum communities like this so making a journal like this showing my ups and downs with all of your great input im hoping to keep this going for many years. If anyone has a suggestion, Question, Or anything that seems weird please chime in

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2.JPG (82.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (80.8 KB, 98 views)
Ramracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote