View Single Post
Unread 05/11/2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Wally.B
Registered Member

Matt,

Thanks. Looking forward to completing the install.

To answer your questions.

SALT:

I used to be a Reef Crystals guy, but the High Alk (9+) is not ideal for my weekly auto water changes. My Goal is to keep Alk stable at 7.5.

I did get into Tropic Marin Salt since it's high quality on trace elements, but it's just too expensive.

I then got into AquaForest ProBiotic which has good Low Alk (approx. 7 so I can buffer up), and high K, but I don't like the Biotic component, since it can't sit long in reservoir storage.

So I just got a box of of AquaForest Reef Salt which I will be using.
[It will work well with AF Component1,2,3] for short term, till Coral Demand goes up.
But you never know, 1,2,3 may be good enough with Auto Weekly water changes (2.5%)

BIO compliment:

Since I'm not going to use AF Biotic salt, I've decided to go with ZeoVit ZeoBak since that bacteria strain has done very well for me. Will use ZeoVit instead of AF BioS.

I have some AF -NP Pro which is a liquid Polymer food for Bio, so I'll continue to use that.

CORAL FOODS:

Have no worry Matt, I won't be putting all of those products in at once. (I just have them all, which I use in Mixed Tank once every other week (Target feeding))

For this SPS only tank.
The flask with mixer will be changed weekly, since Nutrient food can't sit long or it will Rot.
I will be feeding Evenings. Tiny bit (water diluted but mixed up), every other day.
Each week or so I'll change the food mix Potion and see what does well. Maybe I'll skip every other week. Doser has smarts to schedule anything I desire. I also have a spare FLIP button, that I can use to turn off feeding alternative weeks.

Last edited by Wally.B; 05/11/2017 at 02:00 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote