View Single Post
Unread 11/17/2017, 06:23 PM   #64
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.broadfoot View Post
Hi Gary, I just have a few questions about your tanks that I can't find answers to elsewhere. I'll list them out to make it clearer to read.

1. At your previous house, when you were doing 20% weekly water changes, did you use NSW or ASW, and if it was ASW which salt did you use?
I've been using Reef Crystals almost 100% exclusively for many years now
2. Do you know what the head height is from your return pump in the basement to the top of your display tank?
I think I've calculated 16ft head years ago. I might be wrong. Friday night and the party is on!
3. How many Hydra's did you use to replace your VHO actinics?
No Hydras. Yet, anyways. I replaced VHO's with LEDs made by BUILD MY REEF out of Austin, Tejas. It's two 6ft. 3 channel LED strips simulating actinic spectrum to supplement my halides
4. How often do you use GFO and GAC, and what are the 'triggers' to let you know it's time to use them? GAC all the time. GFO to bring PO4 down beyond what LaCl3 can do- into what's considered the ultra low
5. Why do you use an undersized calcium reactor, instead of a "correctly" sized one? I upgraded to a GEO624 a couple of years ago so I don't have to run a small CaRX "hot" anymore
6. Do you use an automatic doser for your DIY liquid two part? No. I ONLY currently use liquid two parts to bump anything that's falling out of whack
7. You've stopped doing water changes, but what have you done differently to make that possible? LARS

Thanks for your help,
Ben.

Current Tank Info: 84x24x30 265g reef past TOTM honors
Gary Majchrzak is offline   Reply With Quote