View Single Post
Unread 09/23/2017, 02:14 PM   #5
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Success with BTA hosting Ocellaris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Beautiful! I had a breeding pair of sanjay black photons for many years. They ignored everything in the tank except the corner of the internal overflow and that's where they kept their eggs. Not sure how it was comfortable to smash their faces constantly into the hard glass of the overflow...

My other pair of ocellaris ignored all anemones for years and hosted a frogspawn.

Hoping for the best!

I've been researching H Magnifica and treatment for awhile. I have a setup ready to go. (Two 18 gallon tubs, heaters, protected powerheads), and will be doing cipro and 12/24 hour transfers.

I'm going to probably purchase locally at a LFS, and only pick a Mag that looks fairly healthy. I'll QT for 6 - 8 hours before deciding whether it needs treatment or acclimate directly into the DT.

But now also thinking about just going for some BTA's...

If you go the mag route cut out the middle man and buy it from Live Aquaria (Not Divers Den). Reason I say that is if you buy that way it will ship to you direct from quality marine. None of them will be healthy so I always say go shortest turnover from ocean to my tank. Always had far more success that way. Also, blue zoo ships out of carson (from both ERI and SDC) I believe and I have had good luck with them as well. Happy Reefing!

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote