View Single Post
Unread 04/14/2017, 12:17 PM   #4289
trmiv
Registered Member

Got my UV clarifier the other day. Been running for four days now. I'm definitely noticing that dinos are coming back less and less during the day each day.

Also with the dinos lessening the few corals I do have left are slowly recovering. My frogspawn has begun expanding again. My leathers are starting to slowly come out of being dormant and I can see my various toadstools actually starting to show polyps for the first time in months.

I think I'm at the point where I may need to consider just removing my sand because I can't seem to get the last of them from there. I've noticed since running the UV my tank is incredibly clear. Never knew it could be that clear.

I tried getting some chaeto to grow to hopefully outcompete the last of the dinos but after starting with a third pound of chaeto all it did was shrink and fall apart over the course of a week. This is the second time that's happened with balls of healthy chaeto I've gotten. Not sure what to do about that. Considering maybe trying an ATS