View Single Post
Unread 01/29/2010, 06:27 PM   #5
HarrsCars
Registered Member

I got my Sohal from another reefer at about 4 inches. Put him in my 72 bowfront for 14mths till my 300 was done. Hardy eater, active swimmer, very pretty fish. Purposely put him in 300 as the last Tang. 2 Vlamingii tangs and a purple tang. Both Vlamingii were the Sohal's size if not a tad larger. He had grown to about 6 to 7 inches by now. He was boss by end of week. I dont feed sheet nori but fed pellets at least 4 to 5 times daily knowing that well fed woulod help keep temperment down. Both Sohal and Vlamingii's grew fast at that feeding schedule but all was fine. Vlamingii are about 9" and so is the Sohal. It took about 6mths in the 300 for the Sohal to feel like she needed to dominate. She laid open the sides on one of the Vlamingii tangs and clipped the purple. Overnight she became the demon goddesss posessed in my reef tank. So I went fishing. First time I caught her sumped her downstairs and traded her away to a guy that has a fowlr tank.
I had been told once they get to about 3yrs they become very dominant. I would feel much more comfortable with a 450-500 gallon tank with better places to hide then mine had.

This is her in our 72 gallon about 2 wks after we got her.

Nice fish on the outside but reminds me of Jack the Ripper on the inside

Thanks
Mike

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon 3 by 400 XM MRC Beckett Skimmer Mrc-6 Calcium Reactor Custom cover on tank and elevator going to fish room.
HarrsCars is offline   Reply With Quote