View Single Post
Unread 05/03/2014, 06:25 PM   #14
skinsncanes
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alprazo View Post
Unfortunately - RC doesn't have a forum for elasmobranch husbandry where those with experience often frequent. I have tried this forum in the past and can attest to the above quote.

Like most fish, Angels ~ 15, Triggers ~20, surgeonfish ~20, the coral cats life expectancy is similar ~20 year and lasts longer than the interests of most hobbyist. In theory the life expectancy should be extended in captivity.

Unlike many "reef" fish, this shark is benthic and infrequently swims, has a small daily range, and I'm not sure about this one, but many similar species even return to the same place to sleep. With the exception of clownfish, damsels and a few others, I would argue that the cruelty inferred above is equally relevant to fish in the home reef tank. Maybe a screen saver is the way to go for some.
Thanks for the response. Is it right to ask if theres a better forum to get feedback? I'm assuming there are a wealth of knowledgeable people on this forum. And my main questions are in regards to properly setting up my sump and the 'fish tank' room I have before I cover up the walls and can't change the plumbing.

Ive done my research on the sharks. As you said, they are benthic. They don't need four feet to turn around. Im caging an animal, I get it. My back yard is fenced in too, only about 1/2 acre of so in the fenced in area for my huskies that normally run hundreds of miles...they seem happy enough.

skinsncanes is offline   Reply With Quote