View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2014, 05:12 PM   #43
2_zoa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga View Post
your lacking organics and macro nutrients, also let me be blunt:

23w cfl < Sun

even on my mangrove tank I had close to 25,000 lumens of full spectrum leds and that still pails to outdoor growing. You cant grow a tree very long term on that bad of lighting
So, my tree has outgrown this small lighting. Hmmmm...What to buy? I've seen Julian Sprung's tank, he has 2 AI's over his tree IIRC.

Well, What do you suggest I dose? I checked out some info just in case I was missing something, as to what macro nutrients were. With this being such a small tank I don't know where to start to build up the nutrients. It has a fish that's been in there about 2 weeks now. It's always had snails. It's always had high nitrates. I've never been able to get a reading on the PO4 in this tank. So I dose PO4 occasionally. Mag levels, I'm not sure. I currently don't have a mag test kit. It ran out. I can dose the Iron as I have some. What level do you suggest? I have no way of testing it at NSW levels but, I can test it on my Hanna Iron checker. That will then be WAY above NSW levels. I don't have any of the manganese, or zinc that you mentioned in an earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwater sam View Post
What substrate are the roots in?
They are in a shallow bed of sea floor special grade sand. No mud.

Last edited by 2_zoa; 09/11/2014 at 05:19 PM.
2_zoa is offline   Reply With Quote