View Single Post
Unread 04/12/2018, 11:12 AM   #868
homer1475
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyjim View Post
Very nice pics! I have a low profile rock scape too. Leaves lots of swimming room. I know you are real anxious to get some fish in there for sure. Your corals look great!
Thank you! Yes I'm very anxious to get some fish in there. Tank looks very stagnant with no movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
I'd lower that slimer to acclimate it to lower lighting given the short nature of your aquascape.
I do plan on lowering that, but seeing as it was my first SPS and I know they like heavy flow and strong light, so I placed it there in hopes it would make it. It obviously is doing well so I'll start to slowly bring it down to my rockwork height.

Speaking of rockwork, I have a plan to use some of the old pukani. Just has to get nice outside so I can clean it up before I use it again. Sooner or later it has to stop snowing!

I'm planning on hacking it up so it's like 2 large archs coming from the back over the top of my current rockwork with a single spire to hold it all up. It looks good in my minds eye, but we'll have to see how it looks when I get to actually doing it. My thinking is higher up in the tank for more higher light demanding corals, while still leaving plenty of room over the top of my current rockwork for light and flow for the corals that are already placed there.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"

Last edited by homer1475; 04/12/2018 at 11:18 AM.
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote