View Single Post
Unread 11/21/2017, 09:01 PM   #16
Tom39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg View Post
The OS is a very busy tang in my experience always moving around pecking at anything it can find to shovel down the mouth perhaps its part of the character for this one , thats a nice clean setup you have their looks great but there isnt much of any algae i could see after 6 months you should have all types perhaps the photoperoid is the issue ?
You are right about no algae in the tank and it being a result of a lacking photo-period. There actually isn't a speck of algae anywhere in the tank. This is a direct result of while I was cycling the tank, I seen no valid reason for having any lights on, so without light there was really no opportunity for algae to grow.

After cycling and I put the fish in, I again seen no reason for lights and had not turned them on.

I actually just turned the lights on a few days ago but by the end of the week I will also be installing my algae turf scrubber. My plan is that the algae turf scrubber should out-compete the reef lights and my hope is that I will never have algae in my DT.

Because of no algae growth in the DT and nothing for the fish to pick at, I have been feeding nori 2x a day and I also feed the fish a variety of foods such as LRS Herbivore Frenzy, mysis and brine shrimp.

Current Tank Info: 150g Marineland Cube
Tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote