View Single Post
Unread 02/05/2018, 04:04 AM   #1
shamoo
Registered Member

Any info i should know keeping softies

Hello all

my tank is currently in its cycle process, once thats all good i plan on keeping softies and fish (150g) i have 40kg of live rock.
while the tank cycles i'm doing more research before i buy anything. I'm more than willing putting in time and effort to make sure the tank/water is in excellent condition, but what i don't want is constant dosing and problems in trying to keep the water in good condition to keep the corals.

A couple of things i need to know, fish first or corals?

secondly

I read an article on this site for stony coral (not softies i know ) but it says about dosing calcium often, and having a 150g tank i wuld need calcium reactor. As a newbie im not keen to go this route yet, so would sofites need the same kind of attention? do you have any info if there is anything different i should be doing in order to keep softies?

i do have list of softies im looking at but not currently with me (at work ) but they are probably the common softies.

thanks