View Single Post
Unread 01/25/2006, 10:23 AM   #18
DGauss
Registered Member

Sumpless Kit

Sumpless Kit - Sorry I did not give any info on it. You will not get very many replies on this as of yet. We only put out a very few of them to test the market before we went to the expense of making molds. To date about 50 to 75 kits were sold simply giving us a chance to check feedback.

Three of the kits came back with an indication that the customer found them complex. Indeed they are. These are NOT a good option for someone who has a sump and does not need to go this way. On the other hand if you have no options other than a hang on and you want a higher end unit than most hang on's, then it is a very good option.

The kits will be available before too much longer in the general market. Molds are being completed currently.

I apologize that the market exposure to date has been limited but the cost to produce the molds runs into many thousands of dollars, so a test marketing was in order.

The best I can tell you at this point in time is that Drs Foster & Smith sold several of them. They have a VERY liberal return policy, meaning that if customers were displeased we would have gotten them all back and did not.

What the kit does is provide safety systems to allow the unit to be run as a sealed system ( like a canister filter) not requiring a sump. One hose down to the skimmer and one back up to the tank.

If you need this set up I have been told that Foster & Smith still have "some" stock (limited).

Have a great day!!