Thread: My New T247
View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2014, 07:02 PM   #1
nurjrk
Registered Member

My New T247

So, I received my T247 light last week in the middle of the deep freeze. The temp outside when the USP guy dropped it off was below zero. The light was FREEZING cold!! I let it sit for a day without firing it up just to make sure the cold wouldn't affect it. The light was packaged well, except for the instructions. They were missing. But one e-mail to customer service and I had a PDF file of the instructions.

The light is light weight and easy to set-up I had it pretty set-up even without the instructions. The one cord is so much nicer than the two cords of the previous model. The digital timer is bright and easy to set.

The light is being used to light my 20L mixed reef. I've got the light sitting on top of my canopy, I had to cut out part of my canopy to make this happen. The light sits about 8" from the water. Being that the tank is 30" long, I do notice both ends of the tank are a little dim. The light is recommended for 24". I'm thinking if my light was a little higher the ends would get more light. I'm currently running the blues at 20% and whites at 10%. Even at these settings, the light is bright. Love the shimmer I'm getting. My corals are showing more color now than with my T5's. The lights run very cool to the touch, even after all day of running. Hoping this will help my heat issue I've had in the summer.

So far I am very happy with this light. Can't wait to see how my corals respond.

Jeff

nurjrk is offline   Reply With Quote