View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2019, 07:37 PM   #2
hhaase
Registered Member

Well, I actually did some work today to start prepping the utility room. Back behind my furnace is an area about 6' x 6' that I can use for water storage and .... well...... I don't know what else yet I'll be doing in there. At the very least though I'll be prepping water changes in there and storing the larger bulk materials. I have access to the water main, and multiple drain locations, plus power. That counts for a lot for sure.

What I did know is that there wasn't anywhere near enough light in there, it was a mess, and there was an old dryer vent hose sitting in there taking up a lot of space. So I spent part of today very leisurely taking care of some of that. Because it is an odd shaped small space it's hard to get any photos in there, but once I cleared it out it's easy to work in once I get the ladders out.

For the time being it's serving well as a mounting location for the RO system, and it will definitely get at least one container for water changes. I'll be building in a bench of some type, some storage shelves, yadda yadda yadda.
But before I go too crazy here I need to figure out what's going to be going on in the room.

For now I'm happy with having installed a new light up high to give me some illumination, and I'll also be putting in a blower fan into that old dryer vent so I can ventilate the room and keep humidity down. The poly sheeting is giving a funny reflection, no I'm not blasting water out of a pipe. In fact for all the plumbing in there it's actually nice and dry.

Current Tank Info: Slowly stocking up 150 gallons, only a little livestock right now.
hhaase is offline   Reply With Quote