Thread: Kessil A350
View Single Post
Unread 07/03/2012, 08:00 AM   #364
jerpa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongpanda View Post
Since the kessil a350 only has two channels, one blue and one white, would you kessil owners say that the red colors in the coral not as vibrant as T5 and rather washed out? I'm trying to think how coral "pop" is any different from the AI Sol Blue.
I cant speak for the A350 but I have two A150's. They use the same leds for both lights though. I can say that reds do absolutely pop. My red BTA is a bright red crimson. My red setosa is also a deep red. I added two T5's to supplement the smaller Kessils and the colors look more washed out with them on. They have at least five different color leds in the lights and I'm assuming the whites are a little warmer to help with reds. I honestly haven't seen a color that showed up poorly under my Kessils. I'm upgrading to the A350W's in a few weeks and am anxious to take the T5's out.

One other point. The two channels on the A350 are not separate blue/white channels. Channel 1 is their 10k spectrum, which still includes blue. Channel 2 is their 20k spectrum which is all blue Leds.

Current Tank Info: 40b basement sump, 40b refugium, 30g frag
jerpa is offline   Reply With Quote