Unread 03/05/2018, 08:53 AM   #110
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReefK View Post
Great FTS! I’m really loving your tank!

Good luck on the blue face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Feel free to come by if you're in the area! It's always fun to have other salties over. :0)

The annularis was in the lagoon for a few days. I was REALLY nervous after putting him in there because there was no top. My nerves got the best of me but I realized I had some mesh screen left over. It was big enough to cover the tub so that's how it sat for a few days. Definitely kept me calm and able to sleep! I doubt he would have jumped out but who knows!! I was pulling out some detritus from the lagoon yesterday and the annularis was tail swatting the siphon tube. Seems to be a pretty daring little guy. :0) Anyway, yesterday I finally rigged an acclimation box and put him into the 300. It's amazing how much this guy has grown... I know I keep saying that, but he's about 4" now and on Thanksgiving he was 1.5"! The transition to adult pattern is also pretty astonishing. I'd say he's about 30% or more transitioned. He was already eating mysis and pellets in the box last night. I'm hoping to keep him in there for a couple more days and then release him. The other fish do not seem to give him much thought and I think the angel is big enough to hold his own. Not a great pic, but whatever.

annularis_acclimation.jpg

The blueface is getting a little more bold but it's still more shy than the annularis. It completed TTM with no issues and moved into QT on Wednesday (Feb 28). I dosed a second round of Prazipro just yesterday. There are two spots that give me a little concern. One is on the dorsal fin and looks like a small growth of some type. The other is a translucent spot on the pectoral fin. The prazipro is not getting rid of those spots so I may need to pull out the fish to get a closer look and to see if manual removal is possible. It would be preferable NOT to do that but we'll see. Otherwise, he seems very healthy and is getting fat. Any ideas here? I'll try to get some pics but it is difficult due to his shyness. I am also planning to feed some mysis soaked in metronidazole in a couple days. Probably some kanaplex as well after that just to be sure. So far, I'm trying to do one medication/treatment at a time and go slowly.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote