View Single Post
Unread 05/29/2016, 04:40 PM   #31
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Moving the Tank into Position and Modifying Stand

When we moved the tank into the house we got it into the door but no further. We were tired and it would take another set of jigs to get it in place. Nothing about this tank is easy to move around! Putting it into place would have to wait for another day, that day was yesterday. It took 3 trips to the hardware store and ended about 30 minutes after midnight.

The stand has these stupid skids on them made from 1/4" steel plate. They stick out 6 inches from the side of the stand...

While I'm sure they would work great for skiing they would surely make skinning this tank a real pain! I didn't want a 6"+ ledge around the tank so they had to go. I got out the sawzall and a Diable Extreme metal cutting blade. Before cutting them off I needed to get the tank into the air and move it lengthwise across the room. I used two 8 foot 4x6s spanning depth wise under the main I-beams and the 4 hydraulic carts to get it in the air.

...and blocked it up to give the bit room to work.

I then cut off all 4 of the tabs sticking out the ends.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote