View Single Post
Unread 10/21/2017, 10:58 PM   #9
jml1149
Registered Member

Not a problem. Thank's for reading.

I looked into this DC pump falloff thing a bit, and I can't find any good data. This is my first DC pump, so I can't speak to it beyond what I've seen to date. I can say though that I'm running this COR-20 around 58% max speed, so I have a bunch of head to go if I were to see a drop.

Looking back, I REALLY screwed the pooch when it came to plumbing. That's another lesson learned, ideally for your upgrade in progress. Go big with plumbing, and as straight as you can. I have a deep blue 120, and the returns are 3/4". So I figured why not run 3/4" all the way back to my return pump? Big mistake. I should have run 1" then stepped down to 3/4" at the connections to the returns. And where I have 90's, I should have tried to use 45's. It's SO restrictive.

And the problem is, flow is non-linear with power. So from 0-58%, I go from 0 GPH to 420 GPH. From 58 - 100%, I gain much much less. I could put the biggest pump I can find in there, and never make the "suggested" 10x or 1200 GPH flow I see reccomended.