View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2017, 01:49 PM   #78
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggeorge818 View Post
I will probably put a foam protective covering but in Los Angeles the temperature will go from 40 degrees on a cold winter night to 105/110 degrees on a hot summer day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wasn't sure what you had for climate conditions but figured it didnt hurt to mention it just in case it was an oversight. I'd hate to see a major leak on that beast. If you do have concerns about any freak/ odd cold snaps you can add something called heat trace tape. Its basically a heated wire taped to the exposed portion of pipes and it is electrically powered. They use these on exterior sprinkler systems for example but they do have a short lifespan (maybe 5yrs) but still it adds piece of mind. In your application it looks like it would be a good canidate because you could also set it up to toggle on only when needed making it last much longer. At any rate, great build!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Custom Oak Stand | 75G FO Display | 40G Breeder Sump | MarinePure Ceramic Media Plate | Eshopps x-120 skimmer | Mag9 Return | Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000+ 15w
Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote